Wednesday, January 4, 2012

a resolution

I don't like to set myself up for failure. This may be why I have never (before now) made a New Year's resolution. I have thought about it in the past but what would I really resolve to do? Work out more, eat healthier, drink less alcohol, drink more water.... I could go on and on about the things I would like to resolve to do... but really.... will I? Maybe... but only if I want to on a given day. Not because I resolved to do it.
This year however.... I am doing it. I am actually resolving to do something. Two somethings. Both selfish. Which makes me feel a little bad but whatever. They are my resolutions.
The first is to climb more mountains. This should be easy since last year (and in my whole life), I have only climbed two.
The second is to expand my skills. Sewing and knitting mostly. Last year, I learned to make a wrap skirt (thanks mom) and also splurged and purchased a wonderful sewing machine and surger. I am also currently working on making a hat on double pointed needles.
So, that's it. I will do it. I wrote it down now so I can't take it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment