Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I am terrible. I knew I shouldn't do it. I just couldn't help myself.....

I love avocado.

I would eat avocado with just about anything. I WILL eat avocado with nothing else. Sprinkled with salt or not, I will stand at the cutting board and stuff avocado slices into my mouth with no guilt what-so-ever.

So, when I stumbled upon a recipe for avocado fries..... I almost fainted. Because of course, I also love anything that is breaded and deep fried (who doesn't?!?). So, last night.... after reading many recipes for avocado fries, I did it. Now I am ruined. I can't stop thinking about them.

I will share the recipe with you but I warn you, they are amazing.




Ingredients:

Avocado
Flour
Bread Crumbs (I used plain panko)
Egg (beat and add a bit of water)
Salt
Peanut oil

Heat 1/2 inch oil in cast iron skillet to 375.
I mixed salt with the flour and sprinkled the avocado with salt after slicing.
Dredge avocado slices: flour, egg, panko.
Slide into hot oil and brown. Remove carefully and place on paper towel or brown bag lined plate.
They really don't take long to brown so keep an eye on them!

Oh, I almost forgot..... the sauce! (Which will now be used for many other things becuase it was crazy delicious.)

Mix together 1/2 cup mayo, juice from 1/2 lime and as much sriracha (hot sauce) as you want.



Enjoy. (You have been warned.)


No comments:

Post a Comment